January 3, 2007

Disaster!

My computer has sounded it's death rattle. Mojo (named after Homer Simpson's helper monkey) went into what I term "computer cardiac arrest" Monday, January 1, and is in critical but stable condition. A team of poorly trained EMT's (okay, just myself) tried to save Mojo by
unplugging it and then plugging it in over and over and over again.
Attempts failed. Top computer guru Craig came over this evening
to takeMojo to a special care facility (Craig's house) to see if perhaps the condition isn't fatal.
For now, I use a stand in for Mojo. Not the same but for now will have to do.
With the recent death of Protron in December, things look pretty bleak here. I must now go and warn my only standing electronic devices, Mr. Answering Machine and Mrs.
Microwave. Off to the kitchen I go!

No comments: