December 31, 2006

Count down to 2007

New Year's Eve...wow, 2006 went by very quickly! Let's see, anything good happen this year...thinking....thinking....I guess all my family and friends are healthy so those are definitely good things.
Yesterday I went over to Julie's house and we had a Gone With the Wind marathon.
Good Lord I forget how long that movie is! I think we began watching it at 5 and it ended about 9:30. I also forget what a big brat Scarlett is. Brat is the word I shall use since this is a PG rated blog.
Let's see, for Christmas I gave Julie a lovely bamboo plant and photo album. She gave me a back massage thingie that I used earlier yesterday and it made me kind of nauseous. Perhaps I used it on an empty stomach and that's a no-no. I wonder if that's mentioned in the instructions?
And boy did I call it! Protron is a piece of junk! Again the PG rating comes in handy here. I opened the box, removed Protron, plugged all the correct wires into the correct places (I hope), and....nothing happened. The little door that is supposed to pop out and take the dvd didn't open, no scrolling message that says "hello, menu, busy" or anything halfway helpful happened. I eventually had to
pry the little door open and it took the dvd but after that, zip! Dead in the water. So I called Mom and asked her to mail me the receipt and then just hooked back up my old but trusty Samsung dvd player.
Craig said he will take a look at the junky dvd player today but I really hold out no hope. I think that this dvd player came with the capacity to work for no person.
Tonight Mary Lou is hosting her annual New Year's Eve bash. Quite a crowd is
expected to come, I think about ten of us in all. Texas Hold'em is on the agenda and boy have I been practicing. My brother Randy has been teaching me all the tricks and I am ready to rock! True, the last time I played with this crowd I lost all my chips pretty early on but that's not gonna happen this time....good luck is on my side tonight!

No comments: