December 2, 2006

Poisoning the Guacamole!

While I was sick this past week I watched a lot of daytime television. I think perhaps jumping out of the window would have been a better alternative. I don't think I've every watched so much drivel in all my life; unless you count that time I was hooked on the first season of Flavor Flave, but let's forget about that for now. I mean there is absolutely nothing redeeming about daytime tv! I know that soap operas are by most peoples standards mindless entertainment but I think they have really scraped the bottom of the barrel these days. Has anyone ever took time to watch five minutes of "Passions"? I know, I know, your right hand to have those five minutes back, right? Currently they have a toddler on there who apparently plays some kind of witch, and since the kid is too young to make sense verbally, they have thought bubbles coming out of her head! Thought bubbles! Out of her head! Nuts!
I then switched over to watch some news but they kept reporting the same stories over and over again that I had to stop watching. Yes, I get it, the White House decorated for Christmas and I'm happy that Laura Bush gave every news reporter a tour, good for them!
I think when I switched to a non-news station my eyes got confused by NOT having a news ticker line at the bottom of the screen!
Anywho....just a reminder that if you do stay home during the week, be sure to have a really good selection of DVD's or a nice selection of books to read. My suggestion: kill two birds with one stone and read the book Pride and Prejudice and then watch the movie(s).....that will last ya a while!

1 comment:

The History Enthusiast said...

Passions is the worst! There was this clique of Delta Zeta's in college who were obsessed with it...but I thought it was quite possibly the worst show ever. Maybe that's why its still on the air, because no one can look away from the train wreck that it is.
P.S. The chiropractor worked wonders! The first thing he asked me was if I'd been in an accident...my body was that messed up. Crazy!