December 4, 2006

But I don't wanna make lemonade

My car the lemon. Today I take the little bugger to the collision center to have them take a look at the scrape I received at the airport. I don't think it should be too much of a problem, it's only about two feet long and a couple inches wide. I guess I could have used a magic marker to cover it, but oh well.
This car has been one big headache ever since I got her (yes, it's a she and her name is Bluebell).
The car before her was my beloved Nissan Sentra. I got that car in 2001 and never had a lick of trouble with her. She was so dependable and forgave me some really really dumb driving mistakes. Like the big curb drive over of 2001, the toddler miss of 2004, the innumerable flat tires throughout her life, and the list goes on.
This year I wrecked her and had to replace her quite quickly. I eventually chose my current car, a 2004 Honda Civic and have regretted that decision ever since.
I've had the car for over six months and out of those six months I have had her in the shop over ten times. A couple emission sensor problems, my door handle broke, my rear defrost didn't work, new front brakes, and what I think is a bit of a heater problem that I haven't told anyone about yet.
Sigh, I lament over this car constantly and should be happy with what I have, but I can't help wishing that I never had that stupid wreck and that I would have my trusty old sidekick still with me.

No comments: