November 30, 2006

The Flu and Bad Car-ma

Monday, November 27. A day which will not be forgotten by me anytime soon. Oh, it sounds like a nice enough date, very unassuming, very modest, but don't let it fool you! It took me out, like wind being knocked out of you when you are on the wrong end of an ill fated teeter-tot war.
The day started off bad. I woke up to a severe case of flu symptoms which lasted most of the night and morning. That day I was to pick my friend Mary Lou up from the airport. I felt like death so I tried to find someone to drive there and meet her but alas no one could be found. On my way to the airport Lou calls me and tells me her plane will be late...two hours late. No biggie I thought, I'll just sleep in my car until she arrives. So I pull into the airport parking lot and commenced falling asleep only to be awoken by my car being hit! I popped out of the car and took a look at the damage (a two foot scrape on the back quarter panel) when I saw the person who hit me was driving off! I dashed after the car in the rain, oh, did I mention it was raining? Yeah, it was! So, I dashed after the car in the rain and told her she had just hit my vehicle. She didn't seem very agreeable to getting out of her car, or giving me any insurance info but I finally got it out of her.
Cold, miserable, and cranky I went inside to wait. When Lou finally arrived I asked her if she could drive us home because I just didn't think I could have made it back without ending us up in a ditch. Mary Lou readily agreed.
Over the next few days what I thought was a case of the 24 hour flu bug turned into strep throat. So now I am at home, quarantined, and on antibiotics. Oh, you know what else? I misread the instructions to my meds and was accidentally overdosing myself ! Now I'm a penicillin junkie to boot!

1 comment:

The History Enthusiast said...

Hey babe! I'm sorry you feel like crap! I hope you start to feel better real soon.