December 22, 2006

A little early but, Merry Christmas!

This will be my last post...until I get back from Christmas vacation! Ho, ho, had you fooled didn't I?
I leave for the zoo (my parent's house) tomorrow morning with a laundry
basket full of gifts. When I need to take lots of things home, I use
the ever handy laundry basket. I think this innovative carrying procedure started with my two aunts on my mom's side. Every Thanksgiving they bring food in laundry baskets and it seems to work like a charm. These baskets serve a dual purpose by not only being able to carry the food in but they can take your cranberry and gravy soiled clothes out!
But I digress, tonight's excitement is a Texas Hold'em poker night at Lou's house. Her sister is visiting for the holiday and we always love to take unsuspecting relatives for their money! Sigh, okay, we only play with poker chips. But still, we shall bleed her dry of all her poker chips!
Today at work, the people I supervise and I are having our Christmas exchange. Yesterday I received two FANTASTIC gift from Bob. He not only gave me a gift certificate to Panera but he got me, ready for it?....a hanging fruit basket type thingie! You know, one of those things that hangs from you kitchen ceiling so
your fruit won't go bad so quickly? That is what I got and that is soooo
what I wanted! My reasoning for not buying fruit so often is because I
just place it on my counter and it goes bad on one side and then I won't eat it, thus forcing me to go buy chocolate as a means of solace for my lost fruit. So now, no more sorry chocolate, I am after apples, oranges, mangoes, and coconuts!
I also received a warm fuzzy blanket from Lin's sister and her children, and from Lin and Brian I received a very lovely Orlando Bloom puzzle. NICE!
Mary Lou gave me a poinsettia that I have not killed yet, yeah me! and Craig got me a very fragrant candle.
So all in all a good Christmas so far. Now to see if my Mom and Dad got me that pony. Cross the fingers!

No comments: