December 19, 2006

A Pre-Christmas lament

Christmas shopping is finito! After many stores and debit card swipes, sprinkled by a bit of cash here and there, I have finally completed shopping. My family seems to be growing by 1.2 children every year and it seems like there are more co-workers to buy for as well, making this one of the costliest holidays I can remember. Even as I write this, I have a coffee mug right beside me with the depiction of the painting "Scream" on it....how fitting, that is exactly what I feel like doing! I'm not even going to bother wrapping the presents this year. I feel that bags are the wave of the future. The wrapping paper companies should be very afraid of these Christmas bag makers. Bags are easy to use, fairly inexpensive, and no tape or scissors are required! It's a no brainer! And the best thing about bags are if you are sneaky and careful enough you can reuse them over and over again with no one ever knowing! *insert diabolical laugh here*.
Hmm...I've also been harassed by the state of my Christmas tree. It's a six foot artificial tree with only lights on it. No ornaments, no tree topper, just lights. Knowing this outraged Julie and her family. No ornaments or tree topper? That's an abomination they cried!
I don't want ornaments darn it! If you have them, you have to keep them stored somewhere and then put them on the tree when the time comes and then take them down, then find their storage space again that has probably since been filled up by Christmas bags that you are going to reuse next year!
Maybe when I have a large house that can sustain my bag recycling center, then and only then will I think about purchasing ornaments. But about that tree topper.....

No comments: