December 6, 2006

Free means free, but geez!

While shopping at the grocery store the other day I saw a husband and
wife duo go hog wild over the free sample offering by the deli.
I think the sample was something as mundane as colbyjack but that didn't matter!
It was free and by gum they were going to take as many as they wanted.
Between the two of them I think they took about eight pieces of cheese.
That's crazy! Maybe if it was some kind of fancy pants cheese I could understand, because who can afford fancy pants cheese? But no, this was all around normal cheap-o cheese!
This caught by attention not only because I thought it rude but
Julie's mom works at Sam's Club as the free sample lady and has these kinds of
people come by her little sample stand all the time. She was telling me
that this old guy (sorry, not very pc ) always comes to the store and
drops by her stand to get the free eats. This is not so abnormal until
she tells me that he does some type of weird costume change to distract
her to the fact that "hey, I'm the same guy!"
He comes by with a hat, then no hat, then a coat, then no coat, and so on and so forth. Then there's this one lady that seems homeless and stays in the store all day eating from the sample stands. FOR THE WHOLE DAY! I thought Sam's would kick her
out but apparently they're not that worried about their free sample supply, or the fact that someone is hanging about and not buying anything! I, myself do partake of the goodies offered but never more than once and never if it looks like something gross....I shudder at the thought of minced fish bites....

No comments: