November 30, 2006

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world....

The big holiday event this year was me trying to purchase an obscenely cheap laptop at Best Buy on Black Friday. My brother, nephew, niece, and I left home Thursday evening, ready to spend the night in the store parking lot so we could have first dibs. We arrived at the store around ten and what greeted us (and I use the term "greeted" very loosely) was a line of people stretching almost beyond the parking lot to the service road next to it . We were stunned! What time did these people get there!? The answer: 1:00 that afternoon. That's the time the first person in line arrived there to wait on those stupid laptops! They had spent almost their entire Thanksgiving day waiting in line for cheap electronics. I figured there was no way I was going to be able to get one seeing as the store probably rationed them out hoping to create a huge shopping frenzy. Highly dejected and discouraged I went home empty handed....only to wake up the next morning to go shopping! From five in the morning til five in the evening we too were among the frenzied hoard of shoppers.
All in all, another headache inducing event that we get ourselves into every year knowing better, but hey, I found a neat-o bag regularly priced $40 and got it for $5!!! Vindicated!

No comments: