February 23, 2007

Teresa's Big Night Out

Last night I went to my first (and hopefully only) big karaoke night showdown. Julie was a karaoke finalist and asked if I wanted to see the final night of singing where the grand prize would be a whopping One Thousand Dollars!
Hmm..as I arrived I realized that I hadn't been in a real honest to goodness bar in quite some time. I soon discovered why. I hate smoke and most of the time I can't stand the people at bars and sure enough both of these were well represented last night. I must say though, it was quite an interesting experience. I saw Julie sing outside a church setting for the first time. She was phenomenal! She really does have a great voice. There were a few others that were pretty good but the majority were just painful to watch and even worse, painful to hear. My ears have stopped bleeding so that's a plus.
I think the best part of last night was when this guy went up to sing Neil Diamond's Forever in Blue Jeans. Before he went up on stage he did this magnificent? move where he grabbed both sides of his jeans and ripped them off revealing very tight leather pants. So singing Forever in Blue Jeans needed no blue jeans but rather leather pants instead? Interesting.
After the MC started a second round of free shots and had yet to reveal the winner of the contest I decided it was time to leave.
I hope Julie won, she surely deserved it but I just couldn't bring myself to watch one more kid gulp down some unknown alcoholic drink or see one more young kid light up.

No comments: