February 19, 2007

Slow down. Take a breath. This weekend has by far been one of my busiest. Between going out, house sitting two animals, and getting new animals, I think I'm just plain tuckered out.
Saturday night Bob and I went to Mickey's and ate some homemade lasagna and then played half a game of Trivial Pursuit. I suck at Trivial Pursuit. Bob and Mickey, they are good at Trivial Pursuit. That should give you a clue on how well I did.
Sunday was the completion of house sitting (yeah!). I had a lost kitty on my hands at one point but luckily lost kitty has been found. Kitty Clover found an ingenious hiding spot and for the hour in total I looked for her I never could find it. Only the magical aroma of Wendy's hamburger and fries lured her out of her hidey hole.
Sunday morning I ate breakfast with Lin and Brian and then we went to the garden show. It never fails to amaze me that at every one of those kinds of shows, garden shows, tractor shows, home shows, there are two demonstrations that are ALWAYS there. The magical shammy and the magical broom. People buys these things like they are going out of style! And they always say "Whoa! What a deal I got! Two for one! Two for one!"
The shammy man and the broom man sure know what they're doing!
Later I met up with Lou and Kristen to eat lunch and go see Pan's Labyrinth. Hmmm...I knew this movie was not going to be like a children's fairly tale but man! what a gruesome little movie in some parts! It was not what I expected to say the least. Very nice music though. Soundtrack buying might be necessary...it probably is time that I move Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron out of my cd player.

No comments: