February 7, 2007

A brief respite

Tomorrow I get the day off! Yippee! Do I have plans you ask? Well, more like ideas or semi-formed plans that may or may not get executed. I would like to start implementing a filing system that I have been thinking of doing for sometime, and I would like to get my car washed (high of 28 degrees tomorrow, yikes!), and I would like to perhaps vacuum, dust, and read a halfway intelligent book, Sophie's World perhaps?...but I will most likely watch dumbed down tv and go to Barnes and Noble, get a latte, and peruse their magazine section.
I also might go a rental house huntin'. Not that I am currently unhappy with my place but there is always room for improvement. And for some reason, I'm excited about getting a yard. I really want a yard! True, mowing is not fun but the end result is fantastic! Great looking yard and a wonderful freshly mowed grass fragrance hovering about.
Hmmm...I'd have to get a push mower...maybe I can get Lin to give me her manual mower. You know, the kind you push with all your might all the while your neighbors mock and laugh at you because you're the only bozo on the block with such an archaic piece of machinery?
I am actually quite impressed with people that have the manual mowers. You are a) being a nice eco-friendly do gooder b) getting a good deal of exercise and c) okay, I'm out of reasons but I'm sure there is a "c" out there.
So,. overall only about one of the above will actually get done but better one than none, right?

No comments: