January 14, 2007

It is on!

New York City here we come! Mary Lou just got word from her sister Jayne that she got show tickets for us. For those of you who don't know, Jayne stars in the Broadway production of Wicked. We've all been waiting on pins and needles to see if getting them would be possible, the show is sold out for several months, but Jayne had some pull with the box office and got us the much sought after tickets.
I'm gonna head over to Lou's today and we're gonna order plane tickets. We think we can get some pretty reasonable through Midwest Air. Poor Mary Lou's credit card is going to get QUITE the workout! The tentative plan is heading out April 12 and getting back April 16. Hotel rooms are going quick so we need to get those as soon as possible or Craig, Bob, and I are going to be staying at a hostel...hmm...that sounds kind of cool!
Some of the sights we want to see are the Museum of Natural History, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and Bob wants to go to the John Lennon memorial in Central Park, I think he said it's called Strawberry Field.
Now that I'm sure we are going, I must read the book Wicked. Pat gave me her copy to read and now I must start. I've heard word that the play is much different than the book but I think it will be good to read it nonetheless. So I need to stop reading Steven Hawking's A Brief History of Time....darn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great! I'm glad you are getting tickets. April will be here before you know it!
Christie