November 9, 2006

Patio Problems

I've taken to locking my patio lately. I've done this to ensure that the stuff inside my patio doesn't wander off (in ghetto terms: stolen!). I came home a few weeks ago to find my bike falling over from it's previous upright position. Now I could attribute this to strong gusty winds, playfully strong squirrels, or the ghosts that I think reside in my apartment, but.....I really think someone was trying to steal the bike. Luckily, I have it locked around a pole and it just wasn't worth the trouble of breaking the lock I guess. I wonder if they saw the flat tires and thought it just wasn't worth it!
And yes, where I live does skirt the ghetto so this makes much sense to lock anything that can be locked.
Last night I unlocked the patio to find a huge tarp inside on the ground. This was to be expected. Earlier this year my building was painted by my landlord and co. After they left I noticed they had "accidentally" taken off with one of my tarps (to conveniently cover my bike in the winter) and a hose nozzle. Now, these items cost less than five bucks combined BUT I know if I had "accidentally" taken such items from my landlord they would want them back ASAP or charge me for them. So it took me a few months to gather the courage to ask about of their whereabouts and I guess they finally found the tarp. It shall now be my mission to discover the fate of the hose nozzle. Luckily it's getting cold outside and watering seems to be last on my things to do. They soooo lucked out this time. But when spring comes.....they better watch out!

No comments: