November 12, 2006

My new pal, Stephen King

Stephen King and I both adore audio books. I found this out by running across his monthly opinion page in Entertainment Weekly (my favorite magazine!). In this article he weighs the pro's and con's of reading the written word as opposed to listening to it.
Of course it's crazy to think that we do not enjoy reading, it's Stephen King for crying out loud, but I do enjoy listening to someone tell me a story. I sometimes have a bad habit, especially with LARGE books, to skim and skip pages just to reach the end.
I'm still relatively new to the whole audio book scene but the ones I have listened to have been really enjoyable. Here are just a few so far: The Prodigal Summer, River of Doubt, Horatio's Drive, and Undaunted Courage (I'm still in the middle of this one).

1 comment:

The History Enthusiast said...

Someday I will get a CD player in my car, and then I can listen to audio books when I drive back and forth to Topeka! My tape player is broken so I can't even use my discman and an adapter :-(