November 16, 2006

I keep my eyes wide open all the time.

Diligence. Attentiveness. Alertness! All these my friends, are what you
need to be practicing for *gulp* deer season. Yes, deer season is fully
upon us here in Kansas. That awful time of year when deer are out and
about, lookin ' for a good time with some other deer, making highways
and interstates places of death and destruction.
A friend of mines car was hit by a deer this week and totalled the vehicle. I believe someone told me that the highest deer/vehicle accident day is sometime this
week, so...for all of those heading out in the early morning or early
evening, be on guard!

While I was eating lunch yesterday, we all started talking about deer accidents when someone said they had seen a deer get hit by a semi-truck. He started going into detail of the accident when they stopped, looked at me and said "the deer kind of
ended up looking like chili". Of course, I was eating chili. Yum.

1 comment:

The History Enthusiast said...

I wonder if it was deer season when Rory got hit by a deer...it was definitely sometime during the fall...