March 11, 2007

Digital Dunces

Yesterday Mary Lou and I went to a Digital Camera class offered by a camera store where Mary Lou bought her camera. Kind of like an intro class for new digital camera owners. I was actually expecting Mary Lou and I to be the only ones there but I was wrong, there were quite a number of people that showed up. At first we thought it was gonna be this huge spiel on "hey, buy more stuff from us because you really need to protect that camera you already paid big bucks for so why not drop more money on stuff you really don't need?" kind of thing. But the class actually was kind of helpful. The thing I couldn't stand was that half the class had these amazing cameras that they must have been "helped" into buying from the camera store, and they have NO IDEA how to use them. I'm surprised they could turn them on they were that inept!
There was this one lady that I kind of felt sorry for at the beginning of class. She had a super nice camera but knew nothing about it. Now I'm no genius on digital anything, I could be classified as a "digital dunce" but this lady was not only totally unaware of what basic terms such as view finder, cd, and memory card were but she had no idea what a Sharpie was! Yes, a Sharpie marker. No idea. She was totally clueless! At that moment Sympathetic Teresa was gone and was replaced by just plain Exasperated Teresa.
In the end though, I think Mary Lou and I might have graduated to the Semi-competent level of Digital Camera ownership....hmm...that may be pushing it!

No comments: