February 28, 2007

Family Ties

Over the weekend I went to visit the family. While there I went to see Bridge to Terabithia (so sad but so good!), went shopping, and had lots of food. Not so much homemade food but food nonetheless. Hmm...the more I think about it the more I realize when I head home no big Sunday dinner's happen like they used to but when I call home on Sunday's usually they are getting ready for or have just finished the big Sunday meal! What's up with that!? Momma's got some 'splainin' to do.
Speaking of mother, my cousin (on my mother's side) is starting to research my mom's side of the family. Not much research had been done that I could think of so I decided to put my thinking cap on as well and see what I could find.
Earlier this week I located my great great great grandfather in the 1870 Missouri census. The earliest I could find my grandmother's family was in a 1900 Kansas census. Maternal sides are harder to research with a wife taking her husband's name after marriage. But I shall persevere and keep looking. I'm bound to find someone either in an asylum or prison....that would explain so much in my family!

No comments: